We often get questions about 5G Service Based Architecture. Luckily, we have a tutorial that we can redirect people to. It’s available here and the video just crossed 50K views. One of the questions that people often want to understand, is about the Application Function (AF) and how does it fit in the Applications Architecture.
To explain this, we made a tutorial. The slides and videos are embedded below. In that we have used the examples from our XR, V2X and Private Networks tutorials. All links are available at the bottom of this post.
- 3G4G: 5G Service Based Architecture (SBA)
- The 3G4G Blog: 5G eXtended Reality (5G-XR) in 5G System (5GS)
- The 3G4G Blog: An Introduction to Vehicle to Everything (V2X) and Cellular V2X (C-V2X)
- The 3G4G Blog: 5G Private and Non-Public Network (NPN)
- 3G4G: 3GPP 5G Specifications