Dell Technologies has quietly acquired Israeli startup Cloudify to beef up its DevOps, cloud-native and infrastructure automation abilities.
Credit: Dell Technologies
Dell Acquires Cloudify for DevOps Expansion
“Dell Technologies announced that it has completed the acquisition of Cloudify,” a Dell spokesperson said of the deal. “The transaction allows Dell to continue to innovate our edge offerings.”
The acquisition will beef up Dell’s Cloudify’s DevOps, cloud-native and infrastructure automation capabilities. Cloudify’s platform pitch lets DevOps engineers integrate, automate and manage their product portfolios more easily, including tools like Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, ServiceNow, Jenkins, Azure, ARM and TOSCA.
Dell’s ARR Growth
- Recurring revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, up 11% year-over-year.
- Overall revenue of $24.7 billion, down 6% compared to the corresponding quarter last year.
- Record operating income of $1.8 billion — up 68% compared to Q2 of fiscal 2022.
- Areas of strength included servers and networking ($5.2 billion, up 14%) and storage ($4.4 billion, up 11%).
- Areas of weakness involved PCs, where revenues fell 17% to $13.8 billion.