OpenAI Releases GPT-4; Presidio Partners with Viakoo; Abacus Group Wins Award; Alkira Partners with HighPoint; SDI Presence’s New Boss
Happy Pi Day! I hope you had a slice with your morning cup of java. Over here we’re still powering through that Spring Forward adjustment. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more on this Tuesday, March 14, 2023. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Partnership announced: Digital services and solutions provider Presidio is partnering with IoT/OT vulnerability remediation provider Viakoo on IoT/OT security. The companies will deliver comprehensive physical security, IoT, and operational technology (OT) cybersecurity solutions to joint customers.
- MSSP Named Best Cybersecurity Provider: Managed security service provider (MSSP) Abacus Group has been named Best Cybersecurity Provider in the Hedgeweek European Awards 2023. The company, which provides managed security services to alternative investment firms, won a vote among Hedgeweek’s entire user base in an online poll, following nomination through a survey by more than 100 fund managers and other key industry participants.
- Alkira Partners on Multi-Cloud Networking: As more organizations continue the shift to multi-cloud and hybrid cloud environments, the deployment of networking for these environments has grown as a pain point. Highpoint, a technology infrastructure solution provider has partnered to offer Alkira’s agentless multi-cloud networking capabilities to its customers. Alkira has achieved AWS Networking Competency Status in the Network Connectivity category and Koch Industries and Splunk are currently using Alkira’s cloud networking infrastructure on AWS.
- Former Chicago CIO Heads MSP: Chicago-based SDI Presence has appointed Hardik Bhatt as CEO. He succeeds the firm’s co-founder, David A. Gupta who will move into the new role as executive chairman. Bhatt is a former executive at Amazon and Cisco. He previously served as CIO for the city of Chicago and the State of Illinois.
- Here comes GPT-4: Microsoft, Salesforce, ConnectWise, and Atera all were inspired to add OpenAI’s GPT-3 integrations to their platforms in recent months, following the debut of the generative AI model as a chatbot in late 2022. The chat bot really unleashed AI to a creative community to demonstrate what AI could do. Well get ready for more — OpenAI has released GPT-4, which promises to be even more amazing. OpenAI said it demonstrates “human-level performance” on many professional tests, for instance, scoring in the 89th percentile on the SAT math exam, according to Open AI. Hmm, I wonder what use cases there are for MSPs…?