What Not To Do as an MSP; ColoHouse Gets New CTO; 11:11 Systems Intros New Secure Storage; Salesforce Service Opportunity on the Rise
It’s Tuesday evening. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to wind up your day on April 11, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further energizes our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- How to lose MSP clients: Ever wonder what MSP clients are reading about how they should handle their MSPs? A new commentary piece on IT Wire counsels MSP customers on when they should switch providers. Among the warning signs: fluctuating charges, poor customer service, outdated technology stack, lack of transparency, so-so security, and not delivering on promises.
- New CTO: Retail colocation, cloud, bare metal, and managed services provider ColoHouse, has promoted Scott Fuhriman as its new Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Prior to this promotion, Fuhriman served as SVP of product and technology and will now be responsible for leading and overseeing product, technology and integration strategies with execution oversight, set to transform ColoHouse. As the CTO, he will directly support the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Storing on-premises unstructured data: 11:11 Systems, a managed infrastructure solutions provider has launched general availability of 11:11 Managed SteelDome in partnership with SteelDome Cyber. The fully managed service is designed for organizations in need of secure, scalable and cost-efficient storage of their unstructured, on-premises data.
- Salesforce opportunity on the rise: A new report from global technology research and advisory firm, Information Services Group (ISG),shows that U.S. enterprises are seeking more Salesforce-related services as use of the cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform grows. Enterprises with mature Salesforce environments, especially in the U.S., are now working with Salesforce managed services providers to optimize their business processes and use of data, ISG says. Providers are analyzing data on clients’ Salesforce usage to determine how effective and efficient their operations are.
- Big solution provider earns top status: SHI International, one of the largest IT solutions providers in the world, has attained Elite Partner status in the ServiceNow Partner Program. This higher designation reflects SHI’s investment in fortifying the extensive expertise and resources available to the company’s ServiceNow customers. Currently, less than 8% of ServiceNow global partners hold an Elite Partner status.